About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Thursday 27 March 2014

Race Report: Congleton parkrun 5k 22/03/2014

Welcome to the race report that isn't a race report :-)

Stella on her last race outing with the Striders
On Saturday my kids play orchestra in Congleton, starting at 9.30, so I get out of doing the park run!! 



At first this was sooo frustrating, but then I started running to Astbury Mere from the centre of Congleton, up a steep hill to the top of Banky Side, on the other side of the mere. Up there, I can see all the park runners finishing, with just a few stragglers crossing the line, and everyone going home. 

I guess I have to settle for this until my kids get good enough to have their times change. It feels a little fraudulent to be subtly gate-crashing the park run, however, it was nice to bump into some Striders last weekend. 

Astbury Mere yesterday.
So next time you do the park run at Astbury, please cast a glance across to the Other Side,where I might be waving to you, until I can join in again! 

For more information about Congleton parkrun visit their website.

Stella :)