About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Race Report: Cheadle 5m 02/03/2014

Well today I actually managed to find Cheadle without getting off at the wrong junction. I got to Cheadle with 20 minutes to spare. The weather was not too bad although there was a bit of a wind. 


The race started off on Station Road and with a 3.2.1. count we were off.  At the bottom on the road we turned left and left again then came the first part of the “undulating course”.

I felt pretty good and managed to stay on a 9 minute pace for the first 3 miles. Only two people passed me so I tried to pick it up after the 3 mile marker but unfortunately this was the part of the course that was a bit hilly. It would have been great if the wind had gotten behind me instead of across.  Before I knew we were on the last mile. There was a lad in front of me so I got my eyes on him and went for the burn.

I crossed the line in 45 minutes flat. Not a great time for me, but after fighting a chest and sinus infection it was not too bad. I got the first lady vet 55 prize into the bargain but will soon be knocked off that perch  and handing the reigns over to Rosie Wilson from Trentham who will be in my category for the Westbridge 5. Flaming norah I’d need to lose at least 2 stones to catch her. Next one for me will be Newcastle 10K if I can get my online entry accepted.

No photographs as Bryan was at the Cloud.

For more information visit the website.

 Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment