About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Saturday 2 May 2015

Race Report: Mow Cop Killer Mile 30/04/2015

I decided a while ago I would like to attempt the Mow Cop Killer Mile, so I printed off the entry form and ticked the Club runner’s entry box and then in my wisdom I also ticked the Veterans’ race.  

Having mentioned this to a number of family member’s friends etc it appears they all think I am mad, but I have since told them that Steve Farnell’s entered all 4, now he’s very mad was the reply.


Feeling optimistic I arrived at the course in good time on making my way to the start some Marshalls’ wished me good luck and I replied I have entered 2 races one asked if I had a mental issue and the other laughed. At the start line I met Steve and Dennis (Dennis was also doing 2 races he it appears also has a mental issue) as for Steve he’s past help. 

We were then sent on our way and, starting off on the so called flat bit, at the ¼ mile marker some people were walking but I carried on trotting up the hill.  It seemed to take an age before I saw the ½ mile marker and the large steep climb ahead, with a mixture of jogging, walking, power walking I made it to the top, then It was a short sprint to the finish line in a time of 11-30.

It was then a case of walking back down with Dennis for our next races. After an hours rest it was time for my second attempt this time in the veterans’ race. This time I completed in in a new PB 11-28. I then picked up my certificates to confirm I am mentally unstable.

It’s tough but it’s an achievement to complete it once or twice BUT FOUR times like Steve takes some kind of super power.

Would I do it again not sure I can’t be that mad can I?

Lindsay Beeston

For more information visit the Killer Mile website,