About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Thursday 10 May 2012

Kit Report: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 Shoes

When Michael took a photo of my trainers with the comment “It’s for the kit report” I thought he was joking, I should have known better. At tonight’s hill training session he reminded me… so here it is.



I used to run in Asics trainers and always suffered with sore feet, always just in one spot but it never really caused too much of a problem. Two years ago I started to increase my mileage and found I was also getting a very sore right knee that stopped me running for several weeks.


It was during this injury period that I sought advice from a sports physiotherapist and Running Bear in Wilmslow. The physio recommended orthotics (inserts) for my over-pronation and Running Bear recommended Brooks Adrenaline GTS trainers, which are support trainers especially for over pronators like me.

These trainers have made such a difference to my running. I no longer suffer from sore feet and more importantly, have not suffered with knee problems since.


These are the 12th edition of the Adrenaline GTS trainers and a special edition colour for Olympic year. This is my fourth pair; I have used one series 10 and two series 11 before this latest version.

I would thoroughly recommend them, maybe not the special edition colour though.

Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment