About us

Sandbach Striders was born back in 2003. Since the early days, membership has grown with a firm ethos of the club being not just about running but social activities as well. The club is affiliated to UK AAA and has its own qualified coaches. Many other special events take place on various nights too.

The club meets on Wednesdays at 18:30 and Sundays at 09:00 at Elworth Cricket Club.

Whilst many members compete in races from 5k to Marathons, the emphasis remains purely on keeping people motivated and having fun. Why not scan through our race reports to see what we’ve been up to? Having read them, you’re sure to see why Sandbach Striders has developed the motto of being

"No Ordinary Running Club!"

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Race Report: Cheadle 4m 13/07/2013

On Sunday 13 July I set off for Cheadle with my mate Sue Davies from the South Cheshire


Harriers. The morning was hot and sunny, but hey-ho 4 miles in the heat would soon be
over.   I forgot about the hill in the first mile. I was running really good for the first mile and caught up with Liz Tideswell who usually wins the “W” category but soon I was left behind in her tracks so I concentrated on passing a few folk.

The good thing about this race is when you get a downhill it’s a good one so you can let yourself go. I was hoping to beat last years’ time of 35.37 but alas the heat got to me ( I should have worn a cap). I crossed the finishing line in 36.37 ( a whole minute slower). 

I won my age category again this year and came away with the first lady vet 55.  All in all a good race that I am sure I will repeat again next year.

For more information visit the website.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment